What other symptoms might occur with yawning excessively?
Yawning excessively may accompany other symptoms that vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition.
Physical symptoms that may occur along with yawning excessively
Yawning excessively may accompany other symptoms affecting the body including:
- Abdominal pain or cramping
- Balance problems, difficulty walking, and falls
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Sleep disturbances
- Symptoms of multiple sclerosis, such as weakness, numbness or tingling, vision problems, unsteady walk, fatigue, and depression
- Weakness or loss of strength
Other symptoms that may occur along with yawning excessively
Yawning excessively may accompany symptoms related to an emotional or psychological disturbance including:
- Changes in mood, personality or behavior
- Irritability and mood changes
- Lack of energy
- Malaise or lethargy
- Severe fatigue
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
In some cases, yawning excessively may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have any of these life-threatening symptoms including:
- Confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment
- Difficulty breathing or rapid breathing
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Fainting, change in level of consciousness, or lethargy
- Slurred speech
- Sudden difficulty with memory, thinking, talking, comprehension, writing or reading
What is yawning excessively?
Yawning excessively is when the act of yawning occurs repeatedly or in close succession. When you yawn, your mouth opens and you take in a deep, long breath. Sometimes this is accompanied by a sigh. Yawning is a normal response by the body to drowsiness or fatigue. Yawning may also be triggered by observing someone else yawning.
Yawning excessively may mean taking in this deep br... Read more about yawning excessivelyintroduction
What causes yawning excessively?
Yawning excessively is when the act of yawning occurs repeatedly or in close succession. Yawning is a normal response by the body to drowsiness or fatigue. Yawning excessively can occur when you are tired, weary or drowsy. Some medications, such as those used to treat depression, anxiety or allergies, can cause excessive ... Read more about yawning excessivelycauses