What other symptoms might occur with tingling face?
Tingling face may accompany other symptoms, which vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Symptoms that frequently affect the face also involve other body systems.
Face symptoms that may occur along with tingling face
Tingling face may accompany other symptoms affecting the face including:
- Burning feeling
- Heightened sensation
- Numbness or tingling
- Redness, warmth or swelling
Other symptoms that may occur along with tingling face
Tingling face may accompany symptoms related to other body systems including:
- Changes in sensation
- Difficulty walking
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Impaired coordination
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve pain
- Numbness or tingling in other areas of the body
- Pain when walking
- Sharp pain that may be worse at night
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
Sudden tingling face accompanied by numbness or weakness on one side of the body can be a sign of stroke. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have tingling face along with other serious symptoms including:
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
- Change in mental status or sudden behavior change, such as confusion, delirium, lethargy, hallucinations and delusions
- Garbled or slurred speech or inability to speak
- Paralysis or inability to move a body part
- Sudden change in vision, loss of vision, or eye pain
- Worst headache of your life
What is tingling face?
Tingling face, a feeling of “pins and needles” in your face, can have many causes. Tingling face is a result of nerve dysfunction or nerve damage. It can be the result of an injury to the face or exposure to cold temperatures. Alternatively, tingling face may be caused by neuropathy, a disorder in which the nerves that relay signals between the body and the brain do not function properly. Multi... Read more about tingling faceintroduction
What causes tingling face?
Tingling face can be the result of peripheral nerve or skin damage to the face and surrounding tissues. Disorders affecting the nerves, such as peripheral neuropathy and stroke, may also cause tingling face.
Common causes of tingling faceTingling face may be caused by multiple conditions including:
- Exposure to cold
- Exposure to toxi... Read more about tingling facecauses