What other symptoms might occur with nose burning sensation?
Nose burning sensation may accompany other symptoms, which vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition.
Symptoms of allergies that may occur along with burning nose sensation
If your nose burning sensation is related to allergies you may also have other symptoms including:
- Itchy eyes
- Itchy skin
- Runny nose (nasal congestion)
- Sore throat
Other symptoms that may occur along with nose burning sensation
- Burning sensation in the mouth and throat, if your nose burning sensation is due to ingestion of a toxic chemical
- Sensory symptoms such as pain, numbness or tingling, if your nose burning sensation is caused by nerve damage
- Skin tissue burns, if your nose burning sensation is due to exposure to extreme heat
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
In some cases, nose burning sensation may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have any of these life-threatening symptoms including:
- Burning sensation caused by inhalation or ingestion of a dangerous chemical
- Changes in vision or speech
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin tissue burns caused by exposure to extreme heat
- Sudden, severe headache
- Sudden weakness or numbness
What is nose burning sensation?
Nose burning sensation is generally a symptom of a damaged or diseased sensory nerve. The most common cause of nose burning sensation is allergies, such as those brought on by seasonal changes. Seasonal allergies that cause nose burning and congestion are called allergic rhinitis or, more commonly, hay fever. Nose... Read more about nose burning sensationintroduction
What causes nose burning sensation?
The most common cause of nose burning sensation is allergies, either to products or to seasonal changes. If you smoke or are exposed to smoke from tobacco products, you may also experience nose burning sensation.
In addition, nose burning sensation can be caused by a chronic disease such as multiple sclerosis, which affects the brain and spinal cord and causes weakness, coordinati... Read more about nose burning sensationcauses