What other symptoms might occur with neck itch?
Neck itch may be accompanied by other symptoms, depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Certain conditions that cause neck itch may also involve other body systems.
Related localized symptoms that may occur along with neck itch
Neck itch may be accompanied by other localized symptoms including:
- Crusting or flaking skin
- Painful skin
- Redness, warmth or swelling
- Scale formation
- Tenderness or pain
Other symptoms that may occur along with neck itch
Neck itch may accompany symptoms related to other body systems including:
- Fever and chills
- Joint stiffness and pain
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
In some cases, neck itch may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be evaluated immediately in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have neck itch along with other serious symptoms including:
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
- Fever and chills
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Respiratory or breathing problems, such as shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or inability to breathe, labored breathing, wheezing, or choking
- Sudden swelling of the face, lips or tongue
- Tightness or constriction in the throat
- Worsening of symptoms despite treatment
What is neck itch?
A neck itch is a tickling, irritating sensation accompanied by the persistent need to scratch your neck. The medical term for itching is pruritus. Redness, swelling, soreness, flaking and scarring may occur in the area of itching. Although scratching may temporarily relieve your symptoms, persistent scratching can worsen itchy rash symptoms and leave the affected skin susceptible to contaminati... Read more about neck itchintroduction
What causes neck itch?
Neck itch may have many possible causes, including allergens (agents that cause allergies), infections, autoimmune disorders, or other causes such as stress.
Allergic causes of neck itchNeck itch may be caused by contact dermatitis. Common triggers include:
- Cosmetics, dyes or detergents
- Industrial chemicals, such as those found in ... Read more about neck itchcauses