What other symptoms might occur with a leg lump?
A leg lump may accompany other symptoms, which vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Conditions that result in a leg lump may also involve other body systems.
Localized symptoms that may occur along with a leg lump
A leg lump may be accompanied by other symptoms in or around the leg including:
- Bleeding or bruising
- Deformity or instability of the knee joint
- Leg pain and swelling
- Pus or discharge
- Redness and warmth
Other symptoms that may occur along with a leg lump
A leg lump may be accompanied by symptoms that are not in or around the leg including:
- Lumps elsewhere on the body
- Muscle weakness
- Pain or swelling in other joint
- Weight loss
Symptoms that might indicate a serious condition
In some cases, a leg lump may occur with other symptoms, especially those related to injury, which might indicate a serious or life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have any of the following symptoms:
- Coldness of the feet, with weak or absent pulse
- High fever (higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Loss of sensation in the lower leg
- Obvious breakage or deformity of the bones
- Paralysis or inability to move a body part
- Uncontrollable pain
- Uncontrolled or heavy bleeding or hemorrhage
What is a leg lump?
A lump is a bump, nodule, tumor, or localized area of swelling that can occur anywhere on your body. Leg lumps can be caused by any number of conditions, including infections, inflammation, tumors and trauma. Depending on the cause, leg lumps may be single or multiple, soft or firm, painful or painless. They may grow rapidly or may not change in size.
... Read more about leg lumpintroduction
What causes a leg lump?
Leg lumps have many possible causes, including trauma, infections, inflammatory diseases, benign tumors, and cancers.
Traumatic causes of a leg lumpMinor and severe injuries, as well as internal trauma, can result in a localized swelling or lump on the leg including:
- Broken bones
- Hematoma (collection of blood in body tissues) ... Read more about leg lumpcauses