What other symptoms might occur with foot itch?
Foot itch may be accompanied by other symptoms, depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Certain conditions that cause foot itch may also involve other body systems.
Related localized symptoms that may occur along with foot itch
Foot itch may be accompanied by other localized symptoms including:
- Crusting or flaking skin
- Redness, warmth or swelling
- Tenderness or pain
Other symptoms that may occur along with foot itch
Foot itch may accompany symptoms related to other body systems including:
- Fever and chills
- Joint stiffness and pain
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
In some cases, foot itch may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be evaluated immediately in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have foot itch along with other serious symptoms including:
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
- Fever and chills
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Respiratory or breathing problems, such as shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or inability to breathe, labored breathing, wheezing, or choking
- Sudden swelling of the face, lips or tongue
- Tightness or constriction in the throat
- Worsening of symptoms despite treatment
What is foot itch?
A foot itch is a tickling, irritating sensation accompanied by the persistent need to scratch your foot. Redness, swelling, soreness, flaking and scarring may occur in the area of itchiness. The medical term for itching is pruritus. Although scratching may temporarily relieve your symptoms, it can cause more irritation or lead to an infection. With most cases of itching, it is best if you can r... Read more about foot itchintroduction
What causes foot itch?
Foot itch may have many possible causes, including allergens (agents that cause allergies), infections, autoimmune disorders, or other causes such as stress.
Allergic causes of foot itchFoot itch may be caused by contact dermatitis. Common triggers include:
- Cosmetics, dyes... Read more about foot itchcauses