What other symptoms might occur with breast itch?
Breast itch may be accompanied by other symptoms, depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Certain conditions that cause breast itch may also involve other body systems.
Related localized symptoms that may occur along with breast itch
Breast itch may be accompanied by other localized symptoms including:
- Breast lump
- Crusting or flaking skin
- Pus or discharge
- Redness, warmth or swelling
- Tenderness or pain
Other symptoms that may occur along with breast itch
Breast itch may accompany symptoms related to other body systems including:
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
In some cases, breast itch may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be evaluated immediately in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have breast itch along with other serious symptoms including:
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
- Fever and chills
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Respiratory or breathing problems, such as shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or inability to breathe, labored breathing, wheezing, or choking
- Sudden swelling of the face, lips or tongue
- Tightness or constriction in the throat
- Worsening of symptoms despite treatment
What is breast itch?
An itch is a tickling, irritating sensation accompanied by the persistent need to scratch. The medical term for itching is pruritus. In the breast, redness, swelling, soreness, flaking and scarring may occur in the area of itching. Although scratching may temporarily relieve your symptoms, it can cause more irritation or lead to infection. With most cases of itching, it is best if you can ... Read more about breast itchintroduction