What other symptoms might occur with arm burning sensation?
Arm burning sensation may accompany other symptoms, which vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition.
Arm symptoms that may occur along with arm burning sensation
Arm burning sensation may accompany other symptoms affecting the arm including:
- Numbness or tingling
- “Pins and needles” (prickling) sensation
- Redness, warmth or swelling
Other symptoms that may occur along with arm burning sensation
Arm burning sensation may accompany symptoms related to other body systems including:
- Changes in sensation
- Difficulty walking
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Impaired coordination
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve pain
- Numbness or tingling in other areas of the body
- Pain when walking
- Sharp pain that may be worse at night
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
Sudden arm burning sensation accompanied by numbness or weakness of the arm or fingers on one side of the body can be a sign of stroke. An arm burning sensation can also be a symptom of reduced blood flow to the heart and heart attack. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have arm burning sensation along with other serious symptoms including:
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
- Change in mental status or sudden behavior change, such as confusion, delirium, lethargy, hallucinations and delusions
- Chest pain or pressure
- Difficulty breathing
- Garbled or slurred speech or inability to speak
- Paralysis or inability to move a body part
- Sudden change in vision, loss of vision, or eye pain
What is arm burning sensation?
Arm burning sensation may be a sensation of tingling (feeling of “pins and needles”) or burning in the arm that is medically known as paresthesia. It can result from an arm injury or pressure on a nerve in the arm. Other causes include damage to nerves in the arm from exposure to extreme heat or cold or to toxic compounds. Arm burning sensation can also be a feature of certain diseases or condi... Read more about arm burning sensationintroduction
What causes arm burning sensation?
Arm burning sensation can be the result of skin damage in the arms and surrounding tissues. For example, burns and exposure to poisonous substances or toxic chemicals can damage the nerves in the skin, leading to arm burning sensations.
Damage to the peripheral nerves (peripheral neuropathy) can also cause arm burning sensation. Peripheral neuropathy may be due to specific disease... Read more about arm burning sensationcauses